For many families, the signature Thanksgiving dish is turkey. However, the best thing about having turkey for Thanksgiving is not the actual meal itself, but how the turkey can be utilized in the following days. Leftover turkey can be added to a plethora of delicious recipes, including a turkey pot pie, turkey chili, a turkey shepherd’s pie, a sandwich, or a spiced and shredded turkey shawarma.
There truly are endless combinations and meal ideas that can be enhanced with turkey.
With that, here are a couple of scrumptious turkey recipes that you can use with your leftover Thanksgiving Day turkey. Enjoy.
French Toast Turkey Sandwich
This tasty sandwich includes thick slabs of bacon, custardy bread, and tasty turkey. Your mouth will water when you see the final results.
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 4 slices of country-style white bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Sprinkle bacon with brown sugar and pepper. Transfer to wire rack inside foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt in baking dish. Add bread slices and let rest. Turn to coat.
- Melt 1 Tbsp. of butter in skillet over medium heat. Cook two slices of bread until golden brown (3 minutes per side). Repeat.
- Assemble sandwiches.
You might also like: Pick Up A New Hobby This Fall
Who doesn’t love ramen? The answer is no one. That is why it makes perfect sense to add your Thanksgiving Day turkey into a heartwarming bowl of mouthwatering ramen.
- 2 bunches of scallions, chopped
- 2 peeled carrots, cut into pieces
- 1 head of garlic, cut crosswise
- 1-inch piece of peeled ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 piece of dried kombu
- 12 cups turkey stock
- 1/4 cup of bonito flakes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Ramen and Assembly
- 2 large eggs
- 1 10-oz. package of fresh thin and wavy ramen noodles.
- 8 ounces of leftover cooked turkey meat
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 toasted nori sheets, torn in half
- Bring the scallions, carrots, garlic, ginger, kombu, stock, and bonito flakes to a boil in a large pot. Reduce heat and let simmer. Stir occasionally until stock is reduced to about eight cups (about an hour). Strain into clean pot. Add soy sauce.
Ramen and Assembly
- Bring a medium pot to bowl. Add eggs and boil for seven minutes. Transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water to stop cooking. Peel.
- Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling water. Drain.
- Divide noodles among bowl. Top with turkey. Ladle broth over turkey and noodles. Halve the eggs on top of noodles. Mound some sliced scallions next to eggs and tuck half a sheet of nori along edge of bowl.
- Serve ramen with chili oil, sesame oil, and soy sauce topped with shichimi togarashi.